Why Your Transactional Messaging Needs to Be Managed
2020 was the year of digital transformation unlike any other before it. In a recent study by McKinsey, in the United States, the penetration of e-commerce was forecasted in 2019 to reach 24% by 2024; by July 2020, it had hit 33% of total retail sales. In other words, the first half of 2020 alone saw growth in eCommerce comparable to the last 10 years.
To support this rapid change, retailers must extend their use of technology solutions that support this growth to keep customers both using their online and brick & mortar stores. One way to do this is by investing in the management of your transactional messaging.
Read on to learn 5 reasons why you should invest in the management of your email transaction channel.
- The Last Touchpoint
- Often overlooked as a means to an end of delivering an email, the transaction serves as the last touchpoint a consumer experiences with your brand. This gives your brand one final opportunity to make a connection with the consumer to encourage the next sale. Why leave this important moment to chance?By investing in the management of this valuable touchpoint, you can be sure the messaging is consistent with your brand’s other messaging while allowing the experts to ensure this last engagement is a meaningful one. A personalized banner or dynamic product recommendation can be the difference between a customer coming back versus heading to your competitor.
- Expert Advice
- One of the best parts of having your transactional messaging managed is the expert advice that comes with it. These experts live and breathe post-purchase communications. By trusting them with your email transactions, you can rest assured that they will be keeping a continuous eye on your communications and actively suggesting new campaigns and promotions to drive higher engagement.
- Consistent Updates
- Let’s look at the following (and very often occurring) scenario. Your marketing team wants to include new content in the communications to support an upcoming promotion in-store. However, your IT or creative teams are entirely bogged down with very little bandwidth to support these changes. This is frustrating for all teams involved and increases the likelihood of the communications not being updated.By having this channel managed, your teams can take advantage of freed bandwidth and updates can regularly occur thanks to the dedicated services of your transactional management team. In turn, your messaging can fully align itself with changing promotions in stores and dynamic marketing banners based on customer’s purchases, reward points, loyalty status, and more.
- Improved Deliverability
- Odds are, if your transactional messaging emails were set up in a rush, you could have your transactional emails sent from your main domain server. This practice puts you at risk of polluting your email deliverability by putting your emails against general promotion emails in the inbox. Often, inboxes will see these promotion emails and categorize your transactional emails as SPAM. By allowing this channel to be managed, these important emails will be sent via their own domain, ensuring an increase in both deliverability and open rates.
- Real-Time Analytics
- An overlooked bonus to having this channel managed is analytics. It takes a lot of time to log in and pull performance data to analyze. When this channel is managed, you will have a dedicated team member actively pulling insights from your shoppers engagement with the communications, allowing you to have a birds-eye view of their performance. Such metrics include open rates, click-through rates, and more. These real-time analytics aid your team in dedicating resources to the areas most engaged with to enhance their value. It also allows you to have a testing environment for new messaging and branding.
Ready to Have Your Email Transaction Channel Managed?
If you are ready to make the jump to transactional emails with both higher engagement and deliverability, all while freeing your team’s bandwidth to focus on other projects, look no further. Click here to learn more about our product offerings and request a demo of what this would look like for your brand, as well as to read how brands like DXL have seen a 16X ROI after implementing our solution.